Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Entry #0: About Me










email: angelnar87 (a.t.) yahoo (d.o.t) com

My name is Angel Narvaez. I'm from Brenham, TX where the delicious Blue Bell ice cream is made; but I am originally from Nicaragua. I got my Math associates from Blinn College, got my Math minor from Texas A&M, and I will be getting my Bachelors in computer science this May. I am taking this class because I consider that every computer scientist should be aware of the relationship that exists between users and computers. This relationship is one of the fundamental concepts in computer science and it benefits me in the sense that after I've taken this course I hope to have learned how to create more engaging computer applications (hardware of software). But I'm not gonna lie, I need the course to graduate.

I'm a pretty chilled person and I hope that this shows through when in class, but I'm a very skilled programmer (so are my classmates I hope) and I also like helping others when they need it; however, more often than not I have found myself on the other end of the helping bargain. In 10 years I hope to have experienced enough fields in computer science, and maybe have a masters degree or two. I also see myself teaching in some college, but I would like to develop my career before I go into that. Maybe by the time I retire from teaching time travel will be possible. If so, I would like to meet Aristotle and take him out to a bar to have smart conversations. Coffee instead of drinks is fine too. In all seriousness though, I have a great admiration for people who are big thinkers. I would definitely grow a beard like his if I could, but I am not a hairy person per se. As a closing note, I wish I spoke polish as I've heard they can easily learn other languages (I am not too sure on this one).

If there is anything you should know is that I am a person that loves to be challenged, especially in the professional field; but I also like to take it easy at times.

No comments:

Post a Comment